Thursday, October 27, 2011

We all hurt sometimes

We all hurt because we are human. Hurting is a part of life. Things in life happen that cause us to hurt, or we simply hurt because we feel lonely, or something in our soul is temporarily missing. I see people every day who are obviously hurting a great deal on the inside. Also, people hurt other people which I don't get. Although I have done it myself. I do not want to sound like a hypocrite. If I do hurt someone I try to amend the situation as quickly as possible because it really will not sit well with me otherwise. Sometimes people just need a hug or to be told something kind. I feel a bit of a chocked up feeling writing this because there have been times when I have hurt very deeply. A loved one or friend gets sick or dies, someone says something nasty, someone takes advantage of another person or treats them like an object. These things happen, and people hurt as a result of them. You know the good news about hurting? It passes. When the pain is there it feels like it will never go away. This happened to me two summers a go. I was hurting terribly. Guess what, it did pass. It has happened since then, and it has passed. There is always light at the end of every tunnel. There is always light at the top of a well. If someone is hurting perhaps they will read this and gain some comfort. It may be hard to talk to someone, but it is worth telling someone if you are hurting. Putting it out there will help the pain get better. That is the beginning to finding the end of the tunnel.

1 comment:

  1. Nick: If you ever would like a cd that I mention in my blog ,let me know and I will send you a copy. Greg

    ReplyDelete