Saturday, October 15, 2011

Choosing a Path and Following It

I am mainly writing this so I can share quotes by various thinkers on not giving up on dreams, hope etc... Do not give up. We only live once. There will always be critics inward and outward. Outward critics are sometimes trying to help, sometimes not. It is how we feel on the inside that counts the most. I'm no expert on this by any means, so I will go right into the quotes here. This first one is just dead on, so check it out. Savor Emerson's words. “Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.”. Here is another one by Henry David Thoreau.      “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”. Now, a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt. "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience by which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." Fear can really bite us in the ass if we let it rule our lives. Have some freaking faith. You can quote me on that. See if you recognize this one. It is really inspiring." First off, I am thirty-five years old. I am divorced. And I live in a van down by the river! Now you kids are probably saying to yourselves "hey, I'm gonna go out and I'm gonna get the world by the tail, and wrap it around, and pull it down and put it in my pocket!" Well, I'm here to tell you that you're probably gonna find out, as you go out there, that you're not gonna amount to jack-squat!". Alright, back to being serious. Here is an inspiring quote by Harriet Tubman. "Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” That patience thing sure can be tough sometimes. Nothing comes over night, so patience is an important virtue to have. Living in a hopeful and optimistic state is better then that fear state which is like being pinned to a wall. William Blake sums that up pretty well, and this quote by him will be my ending point. Action is the prescription for the fear state of being stuck in life. With this quote by Blake, I wish everyone a good evening. "Father, O father! what do we here In this land of unbelief and fear?The Land of Dreams is better far, Above the light of the morning star."

No comments:

Post a Comment