Thursday, October 6, 2011

Autumn Is Here

Spring and summer sure went fast didn't it? I am wondering where they went. Now, it is October, and we are certainly into autumn which is when the leaves get old, and turn beautiful colors before they die. The leaves falling off the tree is equal to the circle of life as well. We all have leaves falling off the tree metaphorically speaking, then new leaves bud and we are reborn with new ideas. What I mean is that we have something going on in our lives, and then we outgrow it and move on, or drop something we should not really have been doing in the first place and move on. The leaves are aging now and beginning to turn. The leaves turning and falling off the tree is not a long process, so it is important to enjoy it as it is important to enjoy the moment. Season changes all have their beauty to them, and the leaves turning is a beauty which is hard to top, especially in New England. Autumn is on the horizon, and the sunsets are currently as beautiful as they come, and the moon is currently almost full. If there is any season that goes by the fastest, I think it is autumn. Autumn is only getting started right now. As I look outside everything is quiet and calm. Eventually the wind will pick up and there will be leaves all over the place, which reminds me about George Carlin's bit on baseball and football. He says "football begins in the fall, when everything is dying." I am not sure where that came from exactly, but I wanted to quote my favorite comedian. So, I did. I just cannot believe how fast time flies. It feels like it just keeps going faster and faster. I am completely in the moment while I am writing this blog, because I have developed an affinity for writing. It is important to try to enjoy every moment of everyday, because time goes as fast as the leaves turning and falling off the trees if you really think about it. October is where we are now, and that is when the leaves look their most beautiful. By the time November rolls around, they are almost gone. Then they do not return until early April. As I am writing this, I appreciate the simple things in nature more. When I am not present, I usually think about myself. Certainly not about the things in nature. Winter is up after fall. I am not a fan of the cold, but the earth must turn on it's axis, and life must keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment