Thursday, October 18, 2012

Why Write This Blog?

I've been asking myself lately why I continue to write entries to this blog. Someone laughed at me once when I told him I have a blog.  I was interested in sharing it with him, and that's the response I got.  Well, I'll explain why I write this blog.     First of all, writing helps me to create.  Writing is an awesome form of expression which can invoke new and interesting thoughts.  Second, I might write about something that not only helps me, but helps other people as well.  If I am down in the dumps, or down and out, I can discuss what I do to get back on track.  Someone who is going through the same thing may think they are the only one.  I can help reassure them that they're not.  Next, I can share about my love of music.  Music saves lives.  I like to share about my favorite singers, recordings, and review performances I've been to.  If I share my love of music it might inspire them and change their life.  Music is beneficial to humanity.  I like to share wisdom I've read or been taught.  Sometimes, I hear something or read something that serves as an ah hah moment, and I like to share it with other people.  When tragedies strike, and people need comfort, I like to write about it to comfort myself and others.  If something I say in these blog postings makes someone laugh, have a new hobby, or whatever, I'm serving a purpose.  So, if I get asked why I have a blog, those are some of my reasons.   I'm not writing this to moan about someone finding it amusing that I have a blog. Well, I do like bitching sometimes, I won't lie to all of you. If someone laughs at something you're doing, I highly suggest not falling victim to it. Keep doing it if it's something you love. Only I can discourage myself, no one else can unless I give them permission. We only live once, and people are going to laugh at us sometimes. Who cares? If I care, that's my problem. If they laugh, that's their problem.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post Nick. You're blog has lifted my spirits more than once! Thanks for sharing. I too have been attacked, but people mostly do it, I think, because you are reminding them of a part of themselves they attack, or jealousy, or maybe to strengthen your resolve. Either way, it gives us a taste of what famous people have to deal with on a daily basis. The more fame someone gets, the more people think that they can start to treat that person like a piece of crap. I try not to do it, famous people are famous too. May your blog flower!!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. It wasn't a big deal really. It's a guy I sang with. I thought he would think its cool. I should have asked why it was funny, and that would have done the trick. Famous is not what it's cracked up to be. Everyone wants a piece of you. It would get old pretty fast. The guy who laughed is really a decent guy. It's funny as I write this, I'm sure I laugh at people about things that mean a lot to them, because I think they're silly, but they mean a lot to that person.

    ReplyDelete