Thursday, October 4, 2012

Recitals Coming Up

I am performing two recital programs with pianist Stefanie Watson.  One will be at the Solley Theatre at the Arts Council of Princeton located at Robeson Performing Arts Center on 12/9/12 at 230, and the other will be at the Highland Park Public Library on 1/10/13 at 7 PM.      The programs for both days will the same.  We will be performing songs and arias signifying summons, prayers, pardoning, various animals, humility, lifes challenges and resolutions, and a fat guy singing a drinking song.  Genres will range from opera to art song to show tunes.      We are putting on these recitals because we both love performing.  I like to share my love of singing with people, and also practice my craft since I learn from every performance.    The program is "Arise Ye Subterranean Winds" by Henry Purcell, "Si la Rigueur" from "La Juive", O Isis und Osiris from "The Magic Flute", Grenzen der Menscheit, Wanderers Nachtlied 1 and Wanderers Nachtlied 2 by Schubert , "Le Bestiares"by Poulenc, Songs my mother taught me, Charlie Rutlage, Romanzo di Central Park by Ives, Als Bublein Klein from the Merry Wives of Windsor, and a few show tunes which I will announce.

No comments:

Post a Comment