Friday, November 4, 2011

Life's Everyday Lessons

 I was driving earlier and another car was tailgating.  That driver was beginning to drive me nuts.  Pun intended.  But then I realized that whoever it was who was driving was one of my life teachers.  I have no control over whether a driver tailgates me or not.  There endeth that lesson, although tailgating pisses me off, despite the fact that I do it myself sometimes.  There is always someone going ten under the speed limit when I am running on the back end of my time.  There is lesson number two right there.  There is a reason why they are going slow.  I am not talking about them.  They could be spaced out on Neptune for all I know.  The lesson for me is that I need to chill out and slow down.  There endeth that lesson.  
   Drivers are only the beginning of the teachers of life.  School teachers are awesome too, but I am talking about something a little different.  Like if a cop pulls me over because I have not changed my license plates or whatever, the lesson is do not procrastinate especially when it comes to the government.  They tend to win, and certainly there endeth that lesson.  Next lesson is when I play out future events in my mind and am completely wrong.  That is one of the most humble lessons of all.  My higher self learns that lesson.  For example if I project a rehearsal or audition going sour, and it does not happen that way, I have wasted a whole bunch of energy which could have gone into the rehearsal or audition.  There endeth that lesson.  There are so many of these life lessons that we learn everyday, that the list could go on and on.  I have learned a lot from these lessons, although they can be tough ones sometimes.  Last year I was looking at my phone while driving.  There was a problem though.  Another car was stopped at a light.  How dare he, right?  I hit him and totaled my car.  Luckily no one was hurt.  I learned to put the phone away while driving.  There endeth that lesson. We are all human, and we all make mistakes. This was one such example. If we make mistakes we are learning another one of life's lessons. The lesson there is to not beat ourselves up for the mistake. There endeth that lesson, and here endeth this blog post.   

1 comment:

  1. You have just reminded me that my drivers license expired. I was supposed to renew it last month, but my mother died and it went completely out of my mind. I guess I'll go try to find a DMV this week....

    I plan on not beating myself up for that mistake. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete