Thursday, January 7, 2016

Life is Good

I'm on a train going in slow motion, so I figured I would write something. This train makes so many stops, I'm not sure if civilization is beginning or ending.  Although as I wrote that we started to move, so I won't push my luck.
  Today was a good day.  As the year begins I am feeling more and more at peace.  I went to a great opera with a fantastic friend last night, and went to a fun party today graciously hosted by Salvatore Diana and Daniel Brondel on the upper west side.  What a view from their apartment. That view represents all of life's possibilities.  I looked out the window and could see for miles.  Of course we were inside this time instead of outside like last June.  We would be freezing our nuts off otherwise.  This weather is perfect if you're a fucking moose or something.  If you're a furry animal then it's a fucking festival.  A little comedy for a cold night.
    I had no ending to that last part, so I figured I would move on to the next part.  I enter this year feeling a bit uncertain about what the next chapter is in my life.  I am sure a lot of people feel the same way.  That being said, things have a way of working themselves out.  I'm not sure how, but they do.  When in doubt listen to your heart and answers will come.  Do not let people dominate you or micromanage you.  There are always choices and the best choice is listening to what's inside.  I find that always works best for me.  If something feels right there's a decent chance it is right.  If it feels wrong, boy is it wrong.  I am talking about going with your heart here, not your head.  I always feel a million times better when I do the right thing.
     I'm writing today and updating this.  The first part is from the other night.  I have decided to quit caffeine for hopefully the last time.   I feel like a zombie right now, but I know this is a good decision for my physical and mental health.  It's always good to take care of yourself.  My head is clearer when I am free of everything that negatively effects my mood.  I eat better and also am ultimately a better colleague and friend.  It is also easier to make life decisions with a clear mind.  Right now my mind feels soupy and I feel sleepy, but that will improve for sure.  It's important to get toxic things or people out of your life.  Caffeine was toxic, so it's gone.  I know you all make think I'm nuts for doing this.  Different things effect people different ways.  Caffeine messes with my blood sugar and makes me hopped up.  It also dries my throat out, so for me, it's a toxic substance.  I hope all of you are having a great year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment