Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I am teaching voice

Teaching Philosophy: In addition to being a perfomer, I am also a vocal teacher offering voice lessons for Opera & Broadway songs. Will teach in-homes NYC Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Soho, and in New Jersey. As a teacher my philosophy of teaching is to instruct in a positive manner which makes my students feel at ease during their lessons. I focus on what the student’s strengths are, and work on things that need to be addressed in a positive way. I teach students of all levels and abilities, because I sincerely believe that the purpose of taking lessons is for the enjoyment of it. Every student has a different set of goals when studying, and I am here to help them achieve those goals. What makes a good teacher is a teacher who is positive, uplifting, does not put students down, and who will make students want to keep coming back and learning more. I have learned to incoorporate those qualities into my teaching. Any time that I have gone to various teachers who teach in a positive way, I feel inspired by that teacher. It is my job to inspire students, because I want students to be turned on to music versus turned off to it. Technique: My philosophy on vocal technique is to help singers sing with there true voice. Singing needs to be genuine versus manufactured. We all must sing with our true instrument, because everyone of us is given our own unique instrument. Also, I am big on freeing voices, by helping singers breath properly, so they can use their breath versus their throats to produce sound, which results in healthy singing. Music is a wonderful gift that the world needs, so I am here to help people enjoy it. To set up lessons please contact me at nickhay32@gmail.com, or call 609-577-6773.

No comments:

Post a Comment