Sunday, June 3, 2012

Birthday Tribute To An Awesome Kiitty

 So today is my cat Leonora's birthday.  Even though she is two in human years, I have only owned her since January.  I have no knowledge of what her history was before then, but things happen for a reason.  I was about to choose a male tabby cat that I had found in Philly.  I was all set to name a male cat Wagner.  However, I had remembered searching pet finder and finding another cat of interest which was at the Petsmart in Hamilton, NJ.  Then I found this beautiful looking tuxedo Mainecoon mix. Not the other cat I was searching for.  I asked if I could meet Leonora, who was then named Hussy. The name came from my love of Leonora,s aria "Pace mio dio" from Verdi's "La Forza del destino.". Also, the name Hussy sucks. Anyway, back to my story. So, here was how our first meeting played out because it was awesome. I asked the volunteer at Res q pets if I could check out the black and white Mainecoon mix. They said sure, and then when I stuck my hand out with my wrist pointing down, she picked me.  It was fate. So, I applied, and the application was approved.  She was scared when I first took her home of course. She was very good natured in the car ride home. She literally did not let out a peep, which shocked me.  I didn't know what to expect because she is my first cat.  I thought I was going to be hissed at, which she has not done to date by the way.  She loosened up pretty quickly, and became interested in playing with her treats and the squeaky mouse toy. I put food, water and liter out, and she immediately identified me as the owner. As proof of this, she came up to my bed and chirped in the middle of the night. I am sure she was disoriented by her new surroundings.  We have had an awesome relationship.  Of course, being a diva, she has her likes and dislikes.  But, despite all that, her greetings when I come home are priceless.  Plus, she has gratitude.  I bought her a scratching post, and she came in my bed to thank me by siting right in front of me.  When Leonora meows, she has a soft voice, which is like music to my ears.  That is of course except when I try to put her in the carrier.  She is smart, and sometimes blocks the door when I try to leave.  All that being said, I write about her, and post a lot of pictures because she is simply adorable.  That, and the fact that she has really helped me.  She always gives me something joyful to come home to.  This cat had just arrived at petsmart on Hamilton when I went there, she was not on pet finder, and I was not consciously looking for her.  I think that's a cool story.  But think about how much the unexpected happens in a lot of different situations.  Life is pretty cool in that way.    

No comments:

Post a Comment