Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years

First of all happy new year to everyone. It is hard for me to think of what I did or did not accomplish in any given year without thinking of what I might have done, but did not get to. I am not advocating focusing on that, so please do not misunderstand me. I am very glad that I have my friends, family, and my health, and I am all for the fresh new start thing every year, but I ask myself the question why can't every day or even just simply a moment in time be a new start? That is because it certainly can be. Resolutions are a great thing, but I have trouble sticking to them if I think this year I am going to do this. They're awesome because they are about positive changes, but every single day can be a new year in my book. All we can do is the best we can each day. I like to go into a new year saying it is going to be the best year yet, because it is a good and logical attitude. I do not know what is going to happen though. To make any year good, or day good for that matter the secret is to take good action each day, versus saying I am going to go to the gym more this year or whatever. The new year just is a change in date. Each day is a new day, and a fresh start. Point is if I say my new years resolution is to go to the gym and get into the best shape of my life this year, that is going to be a tough one. If I want to do something like that, it is an awesome idea, but if I think ahead to the whole year, it probably will not happen. In January the gyms are packed, and then by March, they are not anymore. If I make a new years resolution, it is in order to make a positive life change. I can only change one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment