Tuesday, January 10, 2012

How We Think is Key

Positive psychology is a really important tool to learn in life. I struggle with the conflict between positive and negative psychology. Negative psychology equals a waste or bull shit if you will, whereas, positive psychology equals constructive, useful or beneficial. I find that when negative psychology overtakes me, I am unable to accomplish things which are normally routine for me. Plus, it has a detrimental effect on my creative abilities. Positive psychology equals a positive vibe. Talent is far from being the whole ball game for success. The way we are thinking actually beats that out in some ways. Of course talent and positive psychology is the ideal combination. Any thought that is not creative is not constructive. I was told that earlier today in my voice lesson. I do not want to give myself credit for something I did not think of. I had never had that said to me quite that way before. Things can be said by one person, and then said by another with a slightly different wording and it can make all the difference in the world. Funny how that works, isn't it? If I am driving and my mind starts thinking negatively, all I am really doing is driving, so nothing is actually wrong. Pretty simple concept for sure. I talk about being positive versus negative a lot in these blogs because I think it is really important. I admit that I have a hard time with it, and that the negative side can completely take me over sometimes. That is because I am human. But, I do realize there is a way out of that once the negative crap slows down. It is a matter of attitude really. Saying I get to do something, or I can do something versus oh shit I have to do something, or I can't do something is a shift in attitude. Saying I can't shuts off all possibility. Positive psychology is really important for well being, self-esteem, relationships, work, and so on and so forth. Negativity is something that people and animals sense quickly, and simply do not want to be around. People sense other people's well being pretty fast whether they are instinctively thinking about it or not. It is just a natural thing that occurs. Negative psychology is just selfish really, and it blocks us off from our true purpose in our lives. Positive psychology actually allows inspiration to guide us to our true purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment