Friday, January 13, 2012

Cats

I already wrote a post about dogs, so I am dedicating this one to domestic felines. Of course I say domestic because I do not plan on adopting a bobcat anytime soon. Although, I am sure there are plenty of cats named Bob. There are cats named Oscar, Hermes, Zeus etc... There are all sorts of cat names. I am still deciding what to name the one I am adopting on Saturday. She is a Maine Coon. Male Maine coons can give dogs a run for their money when it comes to fetching because they are kind of dog like. These cats can weigh up to 30 pounds! They follow their owners around the house like dogs do. Cats have those whiskers and all that other shit sticking out of their heads. The shit sticking out of their head works though because they're cute for sure. Cats are very intelligent too. There was a cat featured on Animal Planet which saved their owner from carbon monoxide poisoning because it could detect the smell. Also, there is a cat named Nora who plays the piano. A composer is basing a piece on her as a matter of fact. Whether she is attention seeking, naturally musical or both I do not know. She does not like to travel though, because she is a home diva. The fact that she plays with both hands sometimes is like a cartoon in actually reality. Those Savannah cats are pretty unique aren't they? They have quite a growl and hiss which sounds like a wild cat. They are totally domestic though. One of them got lost and started purring when the person found it. They thought it was a wild animal. Speaking of purring a cat in England was measured at over 90 decibel levels. That is one loud purr. I have never heard of anything like that. I think around 20 decibels in the norm. Quite an anomaly there. Cats are wonderful creatures unless you piss them off. They can handle themselves, that is for sure. A Siberian Husky was trying to interact with a Maine Coon on youtube, and she would not have any of it. Cats have the ability to be independence galore. Dogs certainly do not based on my experience. Both dogs and cats are very different, yet very similar. For the most part they want love and will return it.

No comments:

Post a Comment