Tuesday, June 18, 2013

If You Are Being Bullied, Reach Out

In this blog entry I want to talk about bullying again.  First of all, if you are reading this and tend to bully people, please stop.  It really scars people for a long time.  I am talking about cruel teasing and harassment, versus the simple I'm jez, playin wit chu stuff that goes on which is harmless.  I am not writing this to complain or ask for any sympathy.  I am hoping that what I have to say might benefit those who are getting bullied at school or work.  Those are the main two areas where people get bullied.  Oh yes, there's parents too, who bully their kids.  Wonderful, terrific.  
  Bullies are insecure.  I have bullied a couple times in my life regretfully, and I felt insecure or was afraid of getting bullied myself every single time took part in bullying.  However, I could stop when the victim started to get upset or cry.  I could not go through with it.  I made a friend cry at a camp a number of year a go, and I felt terrible.  I was trying to impress some girls.  It doesn't work that way.  Often bullies do not stop at that line.  The line, where it is enough and the victim, who is a human being by the way is really getting very upset.  When that line is crossed, get help immediately.  If the school doesn't care, get counseling. Also, hang out with friends you have things in common with.  If not in school, find an activity you like.  
   Suicide is becoming a more and more common theme with bullying.  Remember that suicide is an all or nothing choice.  Once you make that choice, you're done.  Reach out instead.  The president himself was making that suggestion.  Of course there are cases where bullying victims have been beaten and died from their wounds.  If beatings are happening, change schools, call the police.  Just simply get help.  Fuck the consequences.  Getting help is your best chance.  Now, there are instances where parents tell the school, and they don't do anything.  Why are they working at a school, then?  A school is a place for learning, and not bullying.  This especially includes the teachers.  Coaches actually call student losers.  Then if the parents over hear it they get nice again.  Listen, abusive coaches and teachers, you are not fooling anyone.  
  So, to quickly review.  Bullies, cut the crap.  Get help, and figure out why you are bullying.  For those bullies who apologize, I applaud you.  Victims of bullying, please get help before you hurt yourself, or kill yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment