Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Consistency is Key

I am writing about something different today for a change. When I say consistency I am referring to starting things and continuing to do them. I am referring to positive life changes or behaviors, not negative crap. For example if I exercise, eat well, practice, dress nicely, meditate or whatever, I have to do them even when I don't feel like it. I have to keep doing them because they are helpful to me. If I meditate one day, and don't do it the next, what is the point? Each day is a new day, and what I did yesterday carries into today. Each day is a new beginning, but life will be easier tomorrow if I do good things today. There is only one today. Consistency is important in my everyday activities. I need to consistently show up for life, not show up once in a while. We only live once, that is why consistency is key. If I only do good things for myself when I feel like it, what is the point? The point is to keep doing them, so they can pay dividends. I have never earned anything from doing things once and a while. So, I need to get off my ass and do good things everyday. It builds self-esteem and character. Doing positive things consistently is not engrained in me. I am trying to get to the point where that kind of behavior is consistent versus inconsistent. The line of progress goes up versus down or neutral when I am diligent with doing good things. Anyway, I hope this post was helpful to someone. It helps me to write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment