Thursday, February 9, 2012

Leonora The Cat

This post is dedicated to my Maine Coon mix Leonora. She is quite a character in the true sense of the word. She has a variety of vocalizes ranging from chirps to meows to trills. Rarely does she go above a whisper, but she can get pissed off when she wants to. Try to force her into her carrier. She knows what she wants when she wants it. She is patient about asking for food, but when she hears the laser toy, we must play instantly. This cat is a lifesaver for me, that is why I am blogging about a cat. Although, those who have pets understand the whole attachment business. This cat is quite attached to me as well already. There was no way I thought I would get a female cat. This cat was too good to resist though. There is a special bond between us. She greets me when I come in most of the time, except for the one time I found her under the covers. She likes to guard the table by the window and go into my cd cabinet when I am looking for music to listen to. Maybe she thinks she's helping, I don't know. She's one and a half and still has kitten characteristics. She is very playful. I've had an affinity for animals for most of my life. Having an English Springer for 12 years was a big reason for that. I was afraid of dogs before then. I'm not sure what changed my mind. Same thing with cats. I got bitten once and I used to hate them. However, I learned that they are simply different then dogs. This cat is a winner, and I stumbled upon her by chance. Pets are really good anti-depressants. I'd be lonely without a pet, so I am happy I got her.

No comments:

Post a Comment