Monday, October 21, 2013

My Plea to Stop Bullying

I'm writing another blog about bullying.  Not for extra credit, but to support those who are being bullied and who have been bullied in the past.   My best friend and I were just texting about a fifteen year old boy who committed suicide by crashing his parents car into another car.  The passengers in the other car were also killed.  That is obviously not fair to the two men who were killed, but the boy was probably not thinking rationally at the time.  Bullying has to stop.  I mean this in a kind and loving way.  If I come from a place of hatred, that just makes things worse.  That's an important life motto in general.  Also, to those kids and adults who used to bully, and have made amends for it, I applaud you with three hands instead of two.
  Not only does bullying scar people, but suicides are becoming more and more common.  Ever since the internet, bullying has taken new levels.  Boys and girls both do it, so both sexes are equally being held accountable by me right now.  I've heard of two suicides from bullying this month already.  I'm sure there are more that haven't made the news.  People need to step up when other kids are being bullied.  Tell a good teacher what's going on.  Unfortunately, sometimes the teachers are the bullies themselves.  How the hell did they get hired?  Bullying really needs to be watched carefully because the kids being bullied often hide their inner torment which makes bullying a tough issue to deal with.  It's essential to be supportive of kids or adults being bullied, and it only takes one person to make a difference.
  Those who are being bullied who might read this, you have my support.  Turn to someone for help.  Someone other than just your family such as a friend or a teacher.  Take an after school activity and forget what other people might think. Forget being embarrassed or made fun of.  Easier said than done, I know.  I was made fun of for being a musician, and it almost made me quit.  I tried playing more sports and thought that would help, but it made it worse because I'm a shitty athlete.  What's my point?  Stick with what you love, and turn for help if you're getting bullied.  As for parents, don't let your kids bully, and don't influence them to bully other kids.  Support them and love them.  Kids, be sure you tell your parents what's happening.  Hiding it makes it harder for your parents to step in and help you.  Bullying is a hard problem to solve, but each person can make a difference.  I stuck up for someone who was being bullied, and it had a big impact.  I don't say that to brag.  It's just the right thing to do.  The poor guy didn't do anything except sit in class and do his work.  Those who think it's funny to torment other people, please stop and make amends.  Let's not have any more suicides.

No comments:

Post a Comment