Friday, May 25, 2012

The treatment of animals

      My philosophy on life is simple.  Treat others the way I want to be treated.  That includes animals that are not human.  I am not talking about lions and tigers and bears oh my!  Although, they should be treated well by trained professionals.  I am talking about domestic pets.  I saw four stray cats by a dumpster earlier.  Four of them.  Why?  Unless they all ran away, then WTF?  Being very moved by this apparent lack of responsibility, I called several shelters and left messages.  I figured that I must do something just so I can sleep at night.  I am all about giving people the benefit of the doubt, but if the cats were indeed abandoned.  John Lennon says it best "how do you sleep at night?" I cannot emphasize enough the importance of pets. First and foremost they deserve to live more then some humans do. They do not deserve to be abandoned, period, finito la storia. I can say they deserve to live and speak no further. All people have to do is drop the animals at a no kill shelter. I asked my cat if that is all people have to do, and she meowed in response. Even she knows. Actually I told her to say meow and she meowed back. But still, drop the animal at a shelter. Pets are vitally important to people's well being. They give people something to live for because they have to take care of something. This brings them out of themselves. Anyway, I hope these cats get rescued and find homes. I'm glad I was able to save one. I'd save them all if I could. If these cats ran away, then I hope they get them back. If they left them, shame on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment