Saturday, April 14, 2012

Living a Healthy Lifestyle

   After a week straight of exercise and eating healthy, and cutting down caffeine, I felt inspired to write this blog.  I am just simply feeling better mentally and physically so far.  Discipline is often a struggle for me, so I am proud of my zeal to keep this up so far.  There is a long way to go of course, but a start is a start.  I can only keep up with overindulging in caffeine and high carbs and fat for so long without feeling like shit.  We become what we put into our bodies.  Life is too short to not live healthy.  Not living healthy effects my self-esteem, career, relationships with people and overall well being.  One way of living works for me, and the other one doesn't.  The man who went on a diet of big macs for money suffered health wise.  I'm beaconing a sane health nut.  Obsessing about it takes the esteemable part of the equation out.  That defeats the point, of course.  We all deserve to live good lives, that is why I am writing this.  I'm learning about this kind of stuff from other people.  Also, if there are people who read this and can indulge in whatever they want and feel good, all the more power to them.  I am extremely sensitive to what I eat, drink, etc...     I was recently introduced to the idea of putting a timeline on weight loss, career and what not.  My gut reaction was, what if I fail?  What if I don't lose 35 pds by August 15th?  What if my audition package isn't ready by September 1st?Those are examples of what if I fail syndrome.  Well, if I lose 20 pds by August 15th, that's still awesome because the direction of the goal is correct.  Of course having said all this about timelines, I can only do the best I can each day.  

1 comment: